We have very exciting and meaningful liturgies every weekend at our parish. They are filled with a sense of joy and belonging. The congregation participates in song and prayer during all parts of the Mass. The various Liturgy Ministries assist with the actual celebration of Mass to ensure that the liturgies are spiritual, meaningful, and reflective. The following are the different ministry teams that share this responsibility.
- Ushers - This ministry is an integral part to our parish community. For it is here that our brothers and sisters in Christ are greeted first-hand with a sense of warmness and hospitality.
- Commentators - Welcome the congregation to the liturgy. Announce in brief message the theme of the liturgy.
- Lectors - Proclaim the Good News from Sacred Scripture during the liturgy.
- Eucharistic Ministers - Through their calling, it is their sacred responsibility to assist the Priest and Deacon in distributing the precious body and blood to the believing community.
- Altar Servers - Commissioned to serve at the altar and to assist the priest and deacon. It is their responsibility to prepare the altar and the sacred vessels for each liturgical celebration. Training will be offered, please check the bulletin for dates, time, and location.
- Choirs - Provide musical accompaniment in order to enhance a deeper sense of worship and prayer to our liturgical celebrations.
- Arts & Environment - Create a prayerful environment which reflects the liturgical seasons of the church and the sanctity of the worship space.
- Altar Linen Care - Tend to the linens used at the altar and throughout the church by routine care and mending.
- Altar Flower Arranging - Because our church is full of sign and symbol this ministry helps us to see, feel and smell the richness of our sacred surroundings through the beautiful and artistic arrangements placed in the sanctuary for all liturgical celebrations.
If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering regarding Liturgical Ministries, please do not hesitate to contact the office at (512) 478-7955.